It’s football season, kind of. With the ongoing pandemic, things have gotten pretty strange in college football.
Georgetown postponed all fall sports amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now one of their football players, Dijon Williams, was arrested in Georgia and charged with murder Monday. Williams was a wanted man in Washington, D.C., on the murder of Nurudeen Thomas, who was shot and killed back in July.
- What the f*** is Kirk Cousins talking about?
- Nebraska Hero Ander Christensen Isn’t Afraid To Talk About Divisive Topics Like Boneless Wings
- Adam Carolla Is Not A Doctor But He Does Have A Lot Of Opinions On Covid
The school released a statement:
“Georgetown University became aware of charges against Dijon Williams this evening,” the university said in the statement. “While we are working to learn more information, we will cooperate fully with any investigation and we stand prepared to offer resources to members of our community who may be affected by this news. At this time, there are no indications that the alleged crime took place near the University.”
#Breaking Georgetown University Football player arrested in Georgia. Dijon Williams was wanted by the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C. for First Degree Murder. Dijon Williams has been immediately suspended from Georgetown’s Football team. pic.twitter.com/hm6Jghntau
— Allison Papson (@AllisonPapson) September 29, 2020
The Senior wideout appeared in 15 games during his career at Georgetown.
University policy dictates Williams is suspended from all team activities, and he will be subject to an investigation from student affairs as well.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth