Eric Weddle is one tough mofo.
Eric Weddle returned after two seasons in retirement to chase a Super Bowl ring. With the Los Angeles Rams defeating the Cincinnati Bengals, 23-20, at SoFi Stadium, Weddle heads back to retirement a champion.
“Yes, I’m re-retiring,” said Weddle of a decision which was expected. “I’ll go back to my daily life. Pretty banged up right now, but hey, it’s well worth it. Well worth the moment.”
Weddle added that he suffered a torn pectoral that would require surgery. But that pain was worth it.
“I have a lot of time to recover. World champs, man,” he said.
A picture of his injury surfaced, and it looks pretty painful.
See the picture of his injury below:
For the ring chaser crowd. @weddlesbeard played 3 plus quarters with a ruptured pec in two places. Called the plays on defense, led the team in tackles during the playoffs after missing 750 plus days of football. You should hope to be a millimeter the man he is. Ring chase that pic.twitter.com/SAcn8dLE0A
— David Canter (@davidcanter) February 16, 2022
Weddle was credited with playing all 61 snaps, per Next Gen Stats, despite being banged up. He finished the win with five tackles.
What a warrior, and now a forever legend!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth