Recently drafted Philadelphia Eagles receiver DeVonta Smith shared a heartwarming video on his Instagram page of the moment he broke the news to his mom, Christina, that he was buying her a brand new house.
“To the world you are a mother, but to me you are the absolute world,” Smith wrote alongside the video.
The videos of athletes buying their mothers a house with their first contract will simply never get old. The second Christina walked in the door, she couldn’t help herself from crying.
While DeVonta Smith splurged on the new house for his mom, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner plans on keeping most of his contract money in the bank, per TMZ.
Devonta Smith was originally projected to be the first receiver taken off the board during the NFL Draft, but the speedster ended up getting picked behind LSU’s Ja’Marr Chase and Alabama teammate Jaylen Waddle.
Nevertheless, I’d expect DeVonta Smith to have a bright future. And he’s starting things off the right way by buying his mom a brand new home.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth