Now that free agency has finally opened up post MLB lockout, superstar shortstop Carlos Correa is set to be the biggest name on the market.
All throughout the lockout, Cubs fans were hoping the team would be aggressive when it comes to Correa. And right when the lockout was lifted to Thursday, starting pitcher Marcus Stroman took to social media to lobby for Correa to join him on the North Side of Chicago.
Cubs Star Immediately Recruits Carlos Correa After MLB Lockout Endshttps://t.co/WCMg4uxAjW
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) March 11, 2022
On Friday, more reports were linking Carlos Correa to the Cubs.
According to MLB insider John Morosi, the Cubs are “favorites” to sign the star shortstop.
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) March 11, 2022
During an appearance on ESPN, Buster Only also said to “watch out” for the Cubs when it comes to potential landing spots for Carlos Correa.
Buster Olney just now on ESPN: “watch out for the Chicago Cubs on Carlos Correa”
— WhenClarkMetAddison (@ClarkMetAddison) March 11, 2022
With players all over the MLB showing up to Spring training today, the general assumption is that top free agents are going to start flying off the board any time now.
We’ll see if the Cubs can close the deal on Carlos Correa.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth