Mat Ishbia said being a college basketball benchwarmer helped him get where he is today. Where he is today is, he’s super rich. Ishbia started his own mortgage company following his stint in College Basketball. Today he’s worth over a billion. Ishiba spoke to Sporting News about his time at Michigan State.
Via sporting News:
“When I left Michigan State and decided not to go coach, I thought it was going to be less than a year before I was back,” Ishbia said. “Mortgages? Mortgages are boring. I was going to see if I could do it, and then I realized I could take my competitiveness, my passion to get better every day and apply to a business. And I kind of got so excited about it a couple months in and never left.”
— Sporting News College Basketball (@sn_ncaab) April 2, 2021
He also recently shared his secret to success with GMA:
— Good Morning America (@GMA) April 16, 2021
From benchwarmer to billionaire, pretty fricking cool.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth