Luis Castillo will not be a member of the Yankees this season, after all.
After weeks of New York being linked to the Reds ace, it was announced yesterday that the Mariners have surprisingly acquired Castillo ahead of the Trade Deadline.
BREAKING: The Seattle Mariners are finalizing a deal to acquire right-hander Luis Castillo from the Cincinnati Reds, sources tell ESPN.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 30, 2022
So, where do the Yankees turn now?
They’re clearly still in the ‘buyers’ market for starting pitching. And according to Jon Heyman of the NY Post, the Yanks are now turning their attention to A’s pitcher Frankie Montas.
Frankie Montas is now the Yankees’ top starter target. But they are in on others, including Quintana.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 30, 2022
While Frankie Montas might not be as hot of a commodity as Luis Castillo, he’s pretty damn close.
Thanks to being a part of the lowly A’s, Montas has not accumulated too many wins over the first half of the season, but his 3.18 ERA and 108 strikeouts are enough to make any potential team excited.
Sure, Yankees fans might be upset about the Luis Castillo news. But luckily, there are plenty of other options out there, including Frankie Montas.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth