Nick Saban is not happy about the NIL deals.
The Alabama head coach was busy in Birmingham speaking last night. Saban decided to put Texas A&M on blast for buying “every player on their team” with name, image, and likeness deals. Saban then said that he’ll have to start getting into the NIL game too, which will definitely make things even easier for him to dominate the college football landscape.
“I know the consequence is going to be difficult for the people who are spending tons of money to get players. “You read about it, you know who they are. We were second in recruiting last year. A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness,” Saban said, via AL.com’s Mike Rodak.
“We didn’t buy one player. Aight? But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future, because more and more people are doing it. It’s tough.”
Yep, he actually said it.
— Max Olson (@max_olson) May 19, 2022
No one feels bad for Saban for losing players to NIL deals. Sounds like it’s time for Alabama to pull out the check book.
Saban’s charm alone isn’t going to land recruits anymore.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth