Bettors love them some Charles Barkley.
Some bettors believe Charles Barkley is going to have his best performance ever at the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament. NBA superstar and avid golfer Stephen Curry disagrees.
Caesars Sportsbook is offering odds on Barkley to finish in the top 70 of the 87-golfer field this week in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Barkley finished in a tie for 76th last season, his best performance at the tournament. Steph was asked about Sir Charles’ chances of having his best ever outing at the event he attends every year.
“No, hell no,” Curry said at a Thursday news conference when asked about Barkley’s chances of finishing in the top 70. “Clip that, send it to him, let him play it on every tee box. There’s no way he’s doing it.”
— Nevada Sports Net (@NevadaSportsNet) July 7, 2022
Caesars Sportsbook opened Barkley as a 5-1 underdog to finish in the top 70. As of Thursday, Barkley’s odds had improved to +260, with 96% of the bets on 95% of the money wagered backing the NBA Hall of Famer to finish in the top 70.
— Caesars Sportsbook (@CaesarsSports) July 7, 2022
The largest bet Caesars has taken on the celebrity tournament, which tees off Friday, is $2,000 on Barkley to finish in the top 70. Barkley, at 7,500-1, has only 10 bets to win the tournament, with the largest being $10.
Tony Romo is the favorite to win the tournament at 3-1.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth