Doing radio isn’t always easy. No one knows this more than John Sterling, the much-beloved voice of the Yankees. The radio veteran is known for botching a call or two in his time, but with Wednesday night’s Yankees-Mariner matchup in Seattle, he really screwed the pooch. Sterling is not traveling to call games in person, which can cause a little confusion from time to time.
Wednesday night’s Aaron Judge home run, Sterling accidentally called it a home run later in the game again, but only one problem, it was just a replay.
Sterling: “Now here’s Judge — and the breaking ball is hit in the air to deep left. That ball is high, it is far, it is gone! Short pause. Unfortunately, that was a replay of the home run. But it was a good replay.”
Sterling: “I’m sorry, it was on the monitor. What am I supposed to do?”
Waldman: “This is a great way to do a game, isn’t it?”
IT IS GONE! Unfortunately, it was a replay of the home run, but it was a good replay!
I'm sorry, it's on the monitor. What am I supposed to do? pic.twitter.com/R2lS61Au0o
— John Sterling Calls (@JSterlingCalls) July 8, 2021
Sterling, who turned 83 on July 4th, is still going strong, but the confusion is clearly setting in.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth