Johnny Football is a still a big name in football circles, and he still has the ability to drum up interest, particularly in TV viewership. Former XFL owner Vince McMahon was not a big fan of Johnny Manziel, and did not want him to be a part of the XFL, ordering the league’s Commissioner and CEO Oliver Luck to keep him out of the football league, per The Athletic.
“How long R U going to play this game Oliver? U know there is NO CHANCE IN HELL for Manziel to play for us,” McMahon sent in a text. “I will NOT change my mind. So what’s Ur plan??”
As Luck later revealed, the public discussion was a marketing ploy.
“Vince—we have no intention of signing him, none whatsoever. We’re just milking the story to stay in the news,” he responded.
Apparently Vince didn’t want any player with Johnny’s history, hoping to keep the bad guys out of the league. Johnny however was pumped about the XFL.
— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) January 25, 2018
Now it seems Johnny never had a chance to make a team, per Vince’s instructions.
Manziel is finally back playing football, as he most recently signed up for the fan controlled football league.
Meanwhile, The Rock has purchased the XFL with the hopes of relaunching when the pandemic ends.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills