It’s going to Mamba season come Friday night. The Los Angeles Lakers will try to win their 17th NBA championship in Black Mamba fashion.
The Lakers will wear their “Black Mamba” uniforms, which are styled in honor of the late Kobe Bryant, in Game 5 on Friday.
The Lakers are 4-0 this postseason when wearing the Black Mamba uniforms, designed by Nike in collaboration with Bryant.
The Lakers have made the switch to wear their Black Mamba uniforms for Game 5 of the #NBAFinals
LA is 4-0 this season when wearing these jerseys. pic.twitter.com/SMgrXolJNk
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 7, 2020
“Mamba and Mambacita jerseys approved for game 5,” Vanessa Bryant wrote in an Instagram story Wednesday night. “Let’s go @lakers.”
This Lakers team dedicated the rest of the season to Bryant following his death.
Bryant and his daughter Gianna were among nine people killed in a helicopter crash outside Los Angeles in January.
- Jimmy Garoppolo Has His Eye on Fashion Model Madison Tate
- Scottie Pippen Tears Into NBA ‘Pickup Basketball’ in the Bubble
- Raiders Players Spotted Maskless at Las Vegas Event
James and Davis got tattoos in honor of Bryant. The team chants “1-2-3 Mamba!” when breaking huddles.
The legend of the Mamba is definitely on their side.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth