Troy Aikman is talking about his sexist comment he made.
In the second quarter of Monday Night Football earlier in the week, the referees called a pretty bad roughing-the-passer call on Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones. The Las Vegas Raiders would eventually lose the game, but it was just a really bad call, considering the ball was already stripped from Carr. Troy Aikman and Joe Buck were commenting on what actions the league might have to take to adjust these kind of bad calls by refs.
Troy Aikman made a comment, claiming “my hope is that the competition committee looks at this in the next set of meetings and you know, we take the dresses off.” It’s a completely sexist comment, and one Cancel Culture was salivating over when Aikman made the remark. According to Sports Illustrated, the former Dallas Cowboys quarterback has issued an apology.
Aikman was asked about his comment on his weekly radio appearance with 96.7 The Ticket on Thursday, per the New York Post.
“My comments were dumb, just shouldn’t have made them,” Aikman said.
“Just dumb remarks on my part.”
Aikman is in the first year of a five-year contract with ESPN that is worth somewhere in the $90 million range.
Any press is good press when it comes to this kind of thing. Troy’s comment will be forgotten eventually, it’s really not all that crazy of a thing to say.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth