While this sort of stuff seems to happen every game in football (soccer), when you’re on the big stage like the Euros, you will be burned at the stake.
Italy’s Ciro Immobile went for a free ball inside the box against Belgium then proceeded to look like he had gotten his foot broken. Rolling around like dog in the grass, he then realized his team scored and proceeded to hop up and jog over just fine.
It’s no wonder football players get such a bad reputation.
With the whole world watching the Euro competition, many took to social media to have a quick laugh at Immobile’s acting job.
My man hopping up like Grandpa Joe as soon as Charlie finds that Golden ticket pic.twitter.com/axJibtlvTt
— Don Moynihan (@donmoyn) July 2, 2021
There should be a rule where the VAR can give you a red card after an action like this.
— Melvin Joosten (@melvinjoosten) July 2, 2021
Meanwhile in hockey pic.twitter.com/R1FlBxMSFg
— Felix C. (@Felix_Z_Habs) July 2, 2021
And the biggest barrier to major popularity in North America. Athletes should remind us of our best. Not this.
These shameless players should be sanctioned with post-game red cards for gross sportsmanship violations.
— Wolfred Nelson ⚜️ (@WolfredNelson) July 2, 2021
— Mark ⛳️ (@spaceteer) July 2, 2021
Italy went on to win 2-1 and eliminate Belgium. They will play against Spain on Tuesday July 6th where the winner will go the Euro Cup Finals
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth