Penn State running back Journey Brown got some heartbreaking news today. He will never be able to play competitive football again. He was diagnosed with a heart condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Head coach James Franklin announced the Journey Brown news at his press conference earlier today.
“It was discovered through a routine COVID-19 test, although it is not COVID-related,” Franklin said via ESPN. “We learned about this in early September, and we’ve been working through this and dealing with this as a team. Journey is one of the most popular and respected players on our team.
“The entire organization has rallied behind Journey and his family.”
- The Masters Always Gives Tiger Woods the Feels
- That Time Mike Tyson Used a Fake Penis to Beat a Drug Test
- Tim Tebow Wouldn’t Call a Play Because the Name Contained a Cuss Word
- Kendrick Perkins Has a Very Surprising Guess Where Chris Paul Will End Up Next Season
- Coach Bruce Arians Calls Out Tom Brady’s Poor Play
- Clip of Rex Ryan Teaching Sean Payton to Dance is Must-See Funny
Journey Brown was a redshirt junior in the Penn State program. He had been held out this year due to an injury the team found in October.
Brown took to Twitter to share his feelings on an unexpected diagnosis.
— Journey Brown (@JourneyBrown6) November 11, 2020
“I finally had the opportunity to showcase what I was born to do and, hopefully, set myself up to achieve my life-long dream of playing in the NFL,” Brown wrote. “Unfortunately, the dream will never be realized as I have been diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which will force me to medically retire from the game of football. The pain of not being able to play the game I love anymore hurts and I can’t explain how I am feeling right now.”
I’m sure Journey Brown will grow from this experience, and go on to be very successful. Unfortunately, he will not have a future playing the game that he loves.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth