The New York Knicks have finally given fans a reason to be excited.
While they might not be a legitimate contender, the Knicks are fun. And they play hard. For now, that’s enough to get the city of New York riled up.
After a tough loss to the Atlanta Hawks in Game 1 of their playoff series, the Knicks fans are not backing down. That includes mayor Bill de Blasio, who has a message for Hawks star Trae Young.
De Blasio donned a Knicks hat during his Tuesday morning press conference, and pleaded with Young to “stop hunting fouls”.
NYC Mayor de Blasio, while wearing a NY Knicks hat, shades ATL Hawks’ star Trae Young:
“Stop hunting for fouls.” pic.twitter.com/i5TcB7AIoz
— The Recount (@therecount) May 25, 2021
De Blasio would go on to quote Brooklyn Nets coach Steve Nash, who apparently said “that’s not basketball” when talking about guys searching for fouls during the game.
Whether or not the Knicks can make a deep run in this year’s playoffs is somewhat irrelevant. Tom Thibodeau’s squad has exceeded all expectations this year, and could finally turn New York into a destination that will attract free agent players who want to win.
It would be a lot of fun to see these scrappy Knicks win a playoff series after the successful year they just had.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments