Another hot mic responsible for a person’s demise. During last night’s game between the Nashville Predators and Detroit Red Wings, referee Tim Peel was caught on a hot mic calling a bogus penalty. Peel admitted that the action he called a penalty for “wasn’t much” but said he “wanted to get a f—ing penalty against Nashville.”
See the video below:
"I wanted to get a fucking penalty on Nashville early in-"
– mic'd up NHL ref#Preds #LGRW pic.twitter.com/t5tBUgIEcF
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) March 24, 2021
The league dropped a press release that Peel will not be working games “now or in the future.”
“Nothing is more important than ensuring the integrity of our game,” NHL senior executive vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell said. “Tim Peel’s conduct is in direct contradiction to the adherence to that cornerstone principle that we demand of our officials and that our fans, players, coaches and all those associated with our game expect and deserve. There is no justification for his comments, no matter the context or his intention, and the National Hockey League will take any and all steps necessary to protect the integrity our game.”
The big question is how many other refs are pulling crap like this.
At least for now we know they’re not going to vocalize any of their tricks of the trade.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth