The ear bite heard round the world.
Mike Tyson speaks on the infamous moment in the most recent episode of the Checc’n ~ In Podcast with Big U featuring heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. During the show, Mike delves into his entry into the cannabis space and his popular line of ear-shaped weed gummies, “Mike Bites,” which were designed to resemble Evander Holyfield’s ear. In discussing the viral success of the product Tyson estimates that in the 25 years since “the bite” he’s profited close to $30M off the infamous moment that shook the boxing world.
I’m selling them [Mike Bites] everywhere and I’m getting so much money…I made so much money – I got fined 3 million for that and, I might have made 30 million since that happened. From that bite…You know how important that was for people!”
Watch Mike try to explain below:
On June 28, 1997, one of the more bizarre moments in boxing history took place when Mike Tyson bit off a portion of Evander Holyfield’s ear in the third round of their much-anticipated rematch. Tyson was disqualified from the bout and lost his boxing license. He was later reinstated. Tyson was fined $3 million, which was about 10% of the amount of money he made that night.
This was the last Mike Tyson fight promoted by Don King.
Sometimes it pays to be a little crazy.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth