The fraternity of officials is getting more inclusive. Maia Chaka made history yesterday. The newest NFL Referee became the first Black woman to officiate a league game when the Carolina Panthers and New York Jets met at 1pm E.T on the first NFL Sunday of the season. Not only is she the first Black Women in the game, she also became the league’s third female to officiate, joining Shannon Eastin and Sarah Thomas.
Maia Chaka is making history today.
She will be the first black woman to officiate an NFL game. 👏👏👏
— NFL (@NFL) September 12, 2021
Prior to being hired by the NFL on March 5, Maia worked with the Pac-12, Conference USA and the XFL. Just in case you’re wondering, NFL refs can make a pretty decent living.
NFL Referee Salary Has Been Revealed🤯https://t.co/MEEUarTR3x
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) September 9, 2021
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth