When Golden Joe speaks, you better listen.
San Francisco 49ers legend Joe Montana is sharing his thoughts on his former team’s choice at quarterback. He’s not hating on Trey Lance, per se, but Montana said there’s another rookie quarterback the team should have drafted instead.
Appearing on ESPN’s “College Football Live” on Tuesday, Montana said he wishes the 49ers had selected Alabama’s Mac Jones.
“If I were the 49ers, I would have taken (Jones),” Montana said. “Nothing against (Lance), but (Jones is) more pro-style offense, more used to being in tough situations.”
Following the 49ers’ trade up in the 2021 NFL draft from No. 12 to No. 3 overall, there was a lot of Jones-to-the-49ers chatter.
They landed on Trey rather than Mac.
Sometimes being drafted on the right team is more important than anything.
Mac Jones might have stunk if he was under center for the 49ers.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth