Kliff Kingsbury is speaking out on his QB.
Kingsbury was forced to answer questions involving the team’s 2019 No. 1 overall pick, starting quarterback Kyler Murray.
Kingsbury has remained relatively silent since Murray and the Cardinals first traded statements regarding a potential contract extension.
“We understand it’s a business and he’s doing his job,” Kingsbury told reporters Tuesday. “I think all of our long term goal here is to have Kyler be our quarterback. He understands that, he understands my view of him and how I feel about him. Once again, I’m gonna refer to the business side of things. That’s not something I deal with but it’s all part of the business right now and things we’ll continue to work through.”
Kliff Kingsbury on the Kyler Murray situation: pic.twitter.com/f7Yoq4UL55
— Luke Slabaugh (@LukeSlabaugh) March 1, 2022
Kingsbury said that he and Murray are in a “great place,” though they have not spoken in a minute.
At this point Kingsbury and Murray’s success seems tied to one another.
The Cardinals announced on Wednesday that they’ve signed Kingsbury to a contract extension through 2027. Kliff is now under contract with the team through the 2027 season.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth