The sports world was rightfully shook when Florida Gators star basketball player Keyontae Johnson unexpectedly collapsed during a game last season. The junior guard was immediately rushed to a hospital, and did not return to action for the remainder of the season.
Prior to the season, Johnson was expected to be a high pick in the NBA Draft. But due to the circumstances, Keyontae has decided he will be returning to Florida as he awaits medical clearance to play again.
God’s timing 💙🤞🏽 pic.twitter.com/WcFO7HF7UV
— Keyontae (@Keyontae) April 21, 2021
Florida's Keyontae Johnson is still waiting for medical clearance and plans to keep preparing for the upcoming season, per his Twitter page. Johnson will not enter the 2021 NBA Draft.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) April 21, 2021
There should be some reason for optimism from fans here, as it sounds like Keyontae Johnson is preparing as if he will be playing basketball next season.
Johnson has two years of eligibility left (should he want it) and would undoubtedly prove to be a big jolt for the Gators next season. Keyontae led the Gators with 14 PPG in 2019-20 and finished second in rebounds.
Keyontae Johnson will most definitely be a fan-favorite should he make his return to the hardwood for Florida next season. Hopefully he continues to make progress with his rehab.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth