Could Jimbo Fisher be plotting another move?
This weekend, news leaked out of LSU that a deal was in place for this to be Ed Orgeron’s last season coaching the Tigers.
It was reported that Coach O’s habits away from the football field may have played a role in the school’s decision.
Coach O Hitting On Pregnant Wife Reportedly Played A Part In His Separation Agreement With LSU https://t.co/w4U261X0dW
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 18, 2021
But despite the reasoning behind the departure, everyone wants to think about who could fill the shoes of one of the most decorated coaches in college football. One of the first names that came to people’s minds was Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fischer.
On Monday, Fisher was asked about the speculation surrounding him and LSU.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
“I’m gonna say this right now. I love being here,” Fisher told reporters. “This is the job I’ve wanted…I really believe we’re in the process of building something great.”
— Texas A&M Football (@AggieFootball) October 18, 2021
Jimbo Fisher left his post at Florida State to return back to Texas A&M. And he appears to be set on staying at College Station for the long haul.
But there’s no doubting that the LSU job is one of the biggest in the country. And if they come to him with an insanely high offer, maybe he could be swayed.
For now, though, it looks like LSU will have to look past Jimbo Fischer when finding Coach O’s replacement.