NBA big man Hassan Whiteside is getting a ton of attention for all the wrong reasons.
The Portland Trail Blazers center is claiming that the tweet about him “moving to Hawaii” to get out of the United States if Donald Trump wins a second term was fake.
This photoshopped more Fake news i see
It’s not even 9:36 where I’m at pic.twitter.com/x1Cas7ursE
— Hassan Whiteside (@youngwhiteside) September 30, 2020
Then he got trashed for not knowing time zones:
Hassan Whiteside is getting roasted for not knowing how time zones work 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/qJpZjv7a8z
— NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) September 30, 2020
- Katie Sowers’ sister calls out 49ers over plane seat, respect for female coach
- Michael Thomas calls out refs during Sunday Night Football
Finally after taking all the abuse, Hassan decided to address the world on the whole “Hawaiian” controversy.
At this point Hassan will just have to wait out the news cycle. His denial isn’t exactly helping out his cause:
Whiteside will become an unrestricted free agent this offseason. Portland holds his Bird rights which means the Blazers could exceed the cap when re-signing him to a new deal.
Whiteside made $27.1 million last season.
So don’t feel too bad for the big man.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports & pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth