The Georgia Bulldogs celebrated their National Championship like any team should, with a late night out partying. But for one player, it might’ve gone a bit too far.
Georgia football long snapper William Mote was out in Athens when he was arrested in the wee hours of the morning after breaking a window at a local law office.
According to a report from the Athens Banner-Herald, Mote was arrested after he thought the law office was a friend’s apartment that he was trying to get into.
“Mote told Athens-Clarke County police he was intoxicated after drinking at the Silver Dollar Bar, went to see a friend and mistakenly went to the law office, according to a police incident report,” the Banner-Herald wrote.
Georgia football long snapper William Mote was arrested and charged with destroying property after the national title win in Indianapolis. 😂😭
— Everything Georgia (@GAFollowers) January 19, 2022
William Mote, a redshirt sophomore, was charged with a second degree felony for damage of greater than $500. He was booked but then released on a $1,300 bond.
Mote posted on Twitter on the morning of the arrest.
— William Mote (@W_Mote50) January 11, 2022
William Mote and his teammates had a right to be excited. It was Georgia’s first National Championship in over 40 years.
When the party continues in Athens, maybe the players will celebrate a little more responsibly.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth