Don’t look now, but the San Diego Padres are falling apart at the seams. After losing last night to the Cincinnati Reds, OF Fernando Tatis dropped an easy fly ball which allowed the St. Louis Cardinals to open the scoring in the bottom of the 1st inning.
The out would have been the first of the inning, but instead the Cardinals scored one run on the play and then added 4 more in the inning to take an early 5-0 lead after the first.
Here is the play:
Oh no… Fernando drops a can of corn in one of the biggest games of the year pic.twitter.com/1gwsjjW9Ye
— Fuzzy (@fuzzyfromyt) September 19, 2021
While it’s a long game and this was only the first inning, in the end of the day the Padres couldn’t come back and ended up losing 8-7 pushing their wild card bid just a little further.
For a team that showed clear frustrations Saturday night in the dugout , this team simply looks like it is falling apart. Machado and Tatis got in to it in the dugout Saturday night as both had to be separated prior to taking the field.
The Padres are now 3.5 games out of the wildcard game.
You have to think that Machado was thinking Tatis was a joke for dropping that ball.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Bet is Hitting An Astounding 82% During NFL Preseason
- Report: White Sox Manager Tony La Russa Had Two ‘Accidents’ in the Dugout Last Season
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks