You really gotta hand it to Dusty Baker.
He came in to the Astros immediately after the sign stealing scandal that he had nothing to do with, and took it in stride. At the same time, the COVID pandemic was threatening sports, and the MLB had an incredibly awkward shortened season.
But this year, Dusty Baker got his revenge. In a full season, his Houston Astros regained their dominance, and clinched the AL West on Thursday night.
— ABC13 Houston (@abc13houston) October 1, 2021
During the locker room celebration, Dusty Baker’s players convinced their manager to do a “shoey” – drinking a beer out of a shoe.
Dusty Baker with the shoey! pic.twitter.com/xWmxa1Ho8D
— Matt Young (@Chron_MattYoung) October 1, 2021
Dusty Baker has now become the fifth manager in the history of the MLB to win a division crown with five different clubs.
Baker and his crew will enjoy the hell out of this moment. But when the dust settles, they’ll set their sights on October, where they’ll undoubtedly have to embrace their roles as villains during their quest for a second World Series Title in five years.
Dusty Baker will also try to fend off the stigma that his teams choke in October.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter