Dirk Nowitzki and Rick Carlisle enjoyed a lot of success during their time together with the Dallas Mavericks. Now, Dirk is going to be a key figure in finding the longtime coach’s replacement.
According to Marc Stein of the New York Times, Dirk Nowitzki has been hired by Dallas owner Mark Cuban to help them find the teams’ next head coach and general manager.
After just two seasons of retirement, Nowitzki, who turns 43 on Saturday, is holding off on taking an everyday role with the team. But he tells @NYTSports that — after the departures of Donnie Nelson and Rick Carlisle — he is assisting Cuban on Dallas' search processes.
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) June 18, 2021
This is a good move by Mark Cuban. Since Luka Doncic joined the Mavs, Nowitzki has developed a strong bond with the superstar. It was reported that Luka was disappointed when Donnie Nelson was let go as GM, and he’s beginning to question the direction of the franchise.
Bringing Dirk Nowitzki on to help with the hiring processes will help ease Luke Doncic, and could go a long way in making sure the franchise centerpiece remains happy in Dallas.
Dirk Nowitzki was happy to assist.
“Mark [Cuban] approached me and asked me to help out and of course I said yes,” Nowitzki. “Any way I can help my Mavs, I’m in.”
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth