Deshaun Watson allegedly plans to attend Houston Texans training camp despite sexual allegations and trade requests.
Deshaun Watson plans to report to training camp Sunday, sources confirmed to ESPN.
The news comes amid his request to be traded and an ongoing off-field situation in which 22 lawsuits allege sexual assault and inappropriate behavior against the QB. https://t.co/FoVNb4CAx0
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 25, 2021
Watson asked for a trade earlier this off season but the Texans said they wanted to keep him and were essentially unwilling to part with the former 12th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. After some unruly discussions,sexual allegations surfaced against Watson which then put his immediate future in jeopardy.
The former first round pick was clearly disgruntled when the team traded top WR De’Andre Hopkins in 2020 and then proceeded to allow fellow up and coming WR Will Fuller to walk to the Dolphins following the season.
Watson, who turns 26 later this year, seems to be primarily attending camp so that he isn’t fined $50K a day. According to ESPN’s Sarah Barshop, there are still 22 active lawsuits against Watson.
The Texans also have three other QBs on their roster; Tyrod Taylor, third round pick Davis Mills, and Jeff Driskel.
It is yet to be seen if Watson will take the field for the Texans, or any other team in the NFL this season for that matter.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth