The Arizona Coyotes are in trouble, once again.
After being the subject of many relocation rumors over the offseason, the Coyotes are evidently stiffing the City of Glendale on money for playing at their home rink. And they were given an ultimatum that if the outstanding invoices weren’t taken care of by Dec. 20th, they’d be forced out of Gila River Arena.
If delinquent bills and outstanding invoices are not paid by December 20 at 5 pm MST, ASM has been instructed to deny access to the arena to employees.
Coyotes next home game following that deadline is December 23 against TBL. https://t.co/Yd3kTTKrXA
— Katie Strang (@KatieJStrang) December 9, 2021
Shortly after the story went viral, the Arizona Coyotes blamed “human error” for failing to pay their outstanding bills for playing at their home rink.
“We have already launched an investigation to determine how this could have happened and initial indications are that it appears to be the result of an unfortunate human error. Regardless, we deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused…” the team said in a statement.
Apparently, the bills have now been paid.
Per Coyotes, all payments have been made. The Coyotes are current on all bills and tax liabilities.
— Craig Morgan (@CraigSMorgan) December 9, 2021
As if it’s not bad enough that the Coyotes have recently been involved in controversy, aren’t competitive, don’t have a large fan base, etc., they now have another issue to add to the long list.
For whatever reason, the NHL seems intent on making hockey work in Arizona. And it just hasn’t materialized for the entire Coyotes history.
It’s long overdue that the Coyotes relocate to another city that actually wants them to be there.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments