Is Mark Jackson the next guy to coach LeBron James?
The one man who has been talked about replacing Frank Vogel is former NBA coach Mark Jackson.
Jackson is reportedly someone who would get LeBron James “enthused” if he were to be hired by L.A. general manager Rob Pelinka.
However, one NBA insider feels that the former point guard likely won’t be on the Lakers’ bench next season.
Via Lakers Nation:
“While Jackson is on their list, it appears he is not yet considered to be a front runner according to NBA insider Marc Stein:
“‘Jackson is indeed on the Lakers’ list if he doesn’t get the Sacramento job, but I don’t get the sense — yet — that he has a strong chance in L.A.’
“Jackson has also interviewed with the Sacramento Kings and it sounds more likely that he lands there:
“‘ESPN’s Jackson is said to have impressed Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in the interview process to date and would appear to have his best shot at a return to an NBA bench since Golden State fired him after the 2013-14 season.’”
— Lakers News (@lakers_news) May 3, 2022
Since leaving the Warriors, Jackson has been a color commentator for NBA telecasts on ABC and ESPN.
He’s also being linked to the Sacramento Kings job. Whoever takes this job better be ready for high drama.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth