Chris Broussard upset plenty of people over one of his recent hot takes.
Broussard had all of Canada pretty upset after he tried to say that black players do not want to play in Toronto because there is a lot of racism there. This take was immediately called out for being ridiculous seeing as though Toronto is the most multicultural market in the league, aside from maybe New York.
“I don’t think KD will want to go to Toronto,” Broussard said on First Things First. “Great city, but it’s not America and you feel it when you’re there, I’m telling you, especially as an African American. It’s a different situation than African Americans are used to being in. And I’ve talked to people in that organization pre [Masai] Ujiri about, can they keep African-American superstars there? Tracy McGrady left. Vince Carter left. Chris Bosh left.”
Vince carter weighed in on Broussard’s take, he wasn’t buying it.
Vince Carter Responds to Chris Broussard Hot Take Toronto Isn’t African American Friendly https://t.co/YRop58mDK2
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) July 16, 2022
Former Raptors star Kyle Lowry got to speak to Vince Carter about his experience in Toronto, and unsurprisingly, Lowry had nothing but good things to say. During an episode of The Vince Carter Show, Lowry made it abundantly clear that Broussard is being ridiculous.
“I don’t talk about others and what people say because I don’t care to respond to anybody else because, whatever,” Lowry said. “I am a Black African-American from 20th and Lehigh in North Philadelphia and I absolutely love Toronto.”
Chris Broussard like so many other TV talking heads need to stay relevant, which means plenty of hot takes, good or bad.
This one certainly wasn’t it.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills