It’s safe to say Americans are not their toes following the mass shooting at a Texas elementary school last week.
After the Gervonta Davis-Rolando Romero fight at the Barclays Center, fans became frantic when they thought they heard gun shots in the arena. During a “stampede”, 10 people were left injured at the scene.
— Smirkey (@CryptoSmirkey) May 29, 2022
Later Sunday morning ESPN’s Mike Coppinger reported that they’re not sure what the sound inside Barclays Center was, but a detective deemed there was no gun at the scene.
NYPD detective Adam Navarro tells ESPN “there was no gun whatsoever.” Not sure what the sound was that scared so many people into thinking there was a gun fired https://t.co/aqKMbzOw5P
— Mike Coppinger (@MikeCoppinger) May 29, 2022
Tennis star Naomi Osaka was one of many fans who were told to “huddle in a room” until the threat subsided.
Luckily, it was a false alarm. But that didn’t stop the injuries from occurring, nonetheless. Hopefully everyone comes out OK from the scary incident.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth