There will be no waving the white flag from LIV Golf.
LIV is all set to host its fifth tournament this weekend at Rich Harvest Farms, which is just outside of Chicago. Prior to the event, the former PGA legend, Greg Norman, sat down with The Australian to give an interview and discussed why he’s no longer interested in playing nice with the PGA Tour.
Via The Australian:
“We have no interest in sitting down with them, to be honest with you, because our product is working,” Norman said.
PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan has reportedly rejected multiple opportunities to meet with LIV representatives.
“That’s why we are where we are today,” Norman said. “We tried awfully hard — I know I did personally for the past year…When we knew we were never going to hear from them, we just decided to go.”
Norman also stated that the goal of LIV was never to harm the PGA Tour or DP World Tour.
“It was always an additive to all tours,” Norman said. “This notion [that] we’re trying to destroy tours is not true. The PGA Tour is trying to destroy us, it’s as simple as that.”
His words may come as a surprise to some given his prior comments and posts on social media indicating a much dfferent tone. But like it or not, it appears Norman and LIV are here to stay.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth