Trent Grisham is getting hit tomorrow. Or at least the Dodgers will think about doing it. The only thing that may prevent it is Joe Kelly not being on the Dodgers active roster right now. Grisham launched a dinger off of Clayton Kershaw Monday night and well, this is what happened:
YES TRENT GRISHAM YES TALK YOUR SHIT pic.twitter.com/VGcqSyrDF7
— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) September 15, 2020
Epic troll jobs are not uncommon in games featuring the Dodgers. Dodgers fans most certainly remember when Max Muncy told Madison Bumgarner to go get the ball out of McCovey Cove after he launched a home run off of him last season.
Max Muncy really told Bumgarner to get it out of the ocean 😳 pic.twitter.com/zBrPyybWzu
— ESPN (@espn) June 10, 2019
- What the f*** is Kirk Cousins talking about?
- Nebraska Hero Ander Christensen Isn’t Afraid To Talk About Divisive Topics Like Boneless Wings
- Adam Carolla Is Not A Doctor But He Does Have A Lot Of Opinions On Covid
Trent Grisham, Dodgers Exchange Words
Unsurprisingly, the Dodgers players took exception to this display and had some words with Trent Grisham as he rounded third base. Kershaw seemed to shake it off pretty quickly which is no surprise since he only seems to get rattled in the postseason.
It will be interesting to see whether the Dodgers retaliate tomorrow against Trent Grisham or if they determine that their beanballs are best reserved for the Astros.
As for the Padres, they are super fun and a really good baseball team. We’ve already seen Rangers manager Chris Woodward flip out when Fernando Tatis Jr. hit a grand slam on a 3-0 count up like 8 runs in the 8th inning. Tatis responded by stealing third base the very next game when the Padres were up six runs.
Now that is quite different then what Trent Grisham did. The “unwritten rules” of teams not doing baseball things when the score is a certain number in a certain inning at a certain time on a certain day. That needs to go. There’s probably a line that shouldn’t be crossed for pimping a home run when you’re tied at one in the sixth inning of a regular season baseball game, but let’s watch players tiptoe that line as tightly as possible.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth