Naomi Osaka is not about to let her mental health get any worse. Organizers said that the tennis player could face expulsion from the French Open and future Grand Slams if she continues to not speak to the media. Last week, Osaka said she would not participate in any news conferences during Roland Garros to protect her mental health.
— NaomiOsaka大坂なおみ (@naomiosaka) May 26, 2021
She was fined $15,000 USD “in the wake of her infringement of mandatory media interviews.”
French Open fines Naomi Osaka $15K for flouting "contractual media obligations" and, in rare joint statement with the 3 other Grand Slams, voices concern abt players' emotional well-being while raising specter of escalating fines, potential suspension. Wow. https://t.co/PDTWkFcJK2
— Liz Clarke (@lizclarketweet) May 30, 2021
Interestingly, the statement has warned Naomi Osaka that she could be defaulted from the French Open and be suspended from future grand slams should “should she continue to ignore her media obligations during the tournament”
Seeing Naomi prioritize her mental health regardless of fines and backlash is commendable, but at some point, if you can’t do things your job requires you to do, maybe it’s time to look for another job.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth