Michael Jordan is giving back. The NBA legend is becoming a health care champion to people in need in Charlotte. Novant Health announced Thursday that the Hornets’ owner was opening a second health clinic in an underserved area of Charlotte that has little or no health care.
It’s part of a $7 million commitment Jordan made three years ago to help the community, and the result of his outreach is making a huge impact.
- Mike Zimmer’s Girlfriend Katarina Elizabeth Makes Her Return to IG with a Banger
- Dwyane Wade’s Son Zaire Accused of Cheating on his Girlfriend
- Julio Jones Trade Rumor to the Patriots Hits the Net
“The impact of the first clinic has been measurable and if COVID-19 has taught us anything, it is the importance of having accessible, safe and quality care in communities that need it most. Michael Jordan’s commitment to improving the health of our communities, and society, is deep-rooted,” Carl Armato, CEO and president of Novant Health, said in a statement.
In a year of uncertainty, our mission to improve the health of our communities remains steady. We’ve tested over 13,500 people for #COVID19 at the Novant Health Michael Jordan Family Medical Clinic and we’re proud to announce the opening of second clinic in north Charlotte. pic.twitter.com/IceaChvmcM
— Novant Health (@NovantHealth) October 21, 2020
MJ hasn’t always been known for giving back, but it seems as he’s getting older, his priorities to help out those in need have changed. Just another reason he’s The GOAT.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth