Hideki Matsuyama made history Augusta National this weekend. The veteran PGA golfer became the first Japanese-born golfer to win a major, and just the second Asian golfer to accomplish the same feat. Matsuyama had an entire nation on his back this weekend, and he didn’t disappoint.
After the tournament, Matsuyama wanted the Green Jacket by his side throughout his entire trip back home. He was seen with the jacket over his arm as he was walking to board his flight at the Atlanta airport.
— Riggs (@RiggsBarstool) April 12, 2021
— Bryan Ptak (@BryanPtak) April 12, 2021
This is a real powere move by Hideki Matsuyama. Just casually walking through the airport with one of the most coveted items in the world of sports. No big deal.
What a moment for Matsuyama and the entire country of Japan. This feat will undoubtedly help grow the game of golf, and should serve as a hope for many kids around the world who aspire to do things that were previously unfathomable.
Keep that Green Jacket by your side at all times, Hideki. You earned it man.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth