The PGA is cracking down on heckling Bryson DeChambeau, and don’t dare call him Brooksie or else you may just be thrown out of the tournament. Following yesterday’s news of Bryson getting in the face of a fan who called that very nickname, it seems the PGA has had enough of unruly fans.
Bryson DeChambeau Drops an F-Bomb on Fan who Chirped ‘Great Job Brooksie’ https://t.co/FekYYAGPTp
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) August 30, 2021
PGA Commissioner Jay Monahan announced today that any fan heckling DeChambeau qualifies as harassment of the players on the course. If you call him by that name, you’re out.
Yelling or saying, "Brooksie" to Bryson DeChambeau will now be considered disrespectful from now on can result in expulsion from a tournament. This directly from Commissioner Jay Monahan. It's become an issue of being disrespectful to the players and the game.
— Michael Collins (@ESPNCaddie) August 31, 2021
Jay Monahan says "Brooksy" shouts would qualify as harassing behavior under the PGA Tour fan conduct policy, that it's disrespectful and they will not tolerate it going forward.
— Brendan Porath (@BrendanPorath) August 31, 2021
If anything this is going to tempt the chirpers even more.
Bryson clearly doesn’t take being heckled very well…
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth