Donovan Mitchell isn’t buying what Danny Ainge is selling.
Donovan Mitchell, now a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, was the centerpiece of the Jazz for a very long time. Ainge recently traded both of his stars, Rudy Gobert and Mitchell. Both moves were a matter of chemistry according to Ainge. He claimed this week that the Jazz players did not believe in one another.
“I wasn’t sure how good the Jazz were going to be. I was curious & optimistic, but what I saw during the season was a group of players that really didn’t believe in each other.” Said Ainge via Twitter.
There had been rumors about Mitchell and Gobert not getting along, so it was no surprise to hear him say that as a reason why he blew up his team. In the eyes of Mitchell Ainge simply isn’t telling the truth. During an ESPN interview, Mitchell said that he told the front office to keep Gobert and that he wanted to figure things out.
“I don’t think we didn’t believe [in each other],” Mitchell said. “I said at the end of the season, don’t trade [Rudy Gobert]. Let’s figure this out, let’s do. And that didn’t happen. For him to say that after six months around the team, I disagree. But you know, at the end of the day, that’s his decision.”
Danny Ainge was brought in to win, and of course he’s going to do it by starting over and bringing in his own guys. Just part of the business of basketball.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth