For the first time, Matthew Fitzpatrick is a winner on the PGA Tour, and he could not have picked a bigger stage.
On Sunday, Fitzpatrick demonstrated elite ball-striking and gutsy shots down the stretch when fending off Will Zalatoris and Scottie Scheffler to win his first major.
BREAKING: Matt Fitzpatrick wins US Open https://t.co/QHp3p5ylRB
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 19, 2022
Matthew Fitzpatrick came into the weekend as a decently-sized underdog at 50/1, but by the end of it, some books had his odds at 28/1.
When it went final that Fitz would be the winner of the US Open, The Action Network’s Darren Rovell revealed that the highest bet cashed on the young star netted $70,000 for the bettor.
Biggest winning bet at @betmgm was bettor who bet $2,500 on Fitzpatrick to win (at 28/1).
Won $70,000. https://t.co/qxeMe7v5vp
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) June 20, 2022
After the win, Matthew Fitzpatrick revealed how much this means to him. Still, he said that one win would not be enough to keep him satisfied.
“Six is the number,” Fitzpatrick remarked with conviction, which would match Nick Faldo’s haul of major wins via Yahoo.”That’s the number that we all agreed on. I’ve got a bit of a way to go, but it’s a good start. You want to go win more now, there’s no doubt about that.
Matthew Fitzpatrick made many bettors very happy on Father’s Day. But perhaps he’s only just getting started.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments