With Jacob deGrom pitching, you have to feel pretty good about your chances.
Tonight the New York Mets are the biggest favorites in any single game this season. The Mets just concluded a tiring 10-game road trip that saw them go 4-6. But they are back homme for a four game stint against the Colorado Rockies. Naturally with Jacob deGrom on the mound for the Mets, their odds of winning are pretty good. In fact the Mets are currently the biggest favorites for any MLB game at since they last closed at -500 on Sept. 25th, 2019 against the Marlins.
Guess who was pitching that night? You got it, Jacob deGrom. The Mets won 10-3 with all three Miami runs coming in the ninth inning.
The current odds for tonight’s game via Caesars Sports is Mets -455 to knock off the Rockies tonight. It’s the most any team has been favored all season long.
On the flip side the Rockies are +340 if you dare bet against deGrom.
According to the Action Network, since 2005 only FOUR starting pitchers have closed as a favorite of -450 or greater in any MLB game:
- Jacob deGrom (twice)
- Gerrit Cole (twice)
- Clayton Kershaw (once)
- Justin Verlander (three times)
Mets vs. Rockies Start Time, Where to Watch, and Odds
- Date: August 25, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 pm ET
- Where to Watch: MLB.TV, SNY
Jacob deGrom is currently 2-1 in 4 games started with a 2.31 ERA and 37 strikeouts.
Not a bad guy to bet on, even with the Mets being a heavy favorite.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth