This season has been an incredible breakthrough year for Colorado Avalanche defenseman Cale Makar.
After asserting himself as one of the very best players in the entire league this season and postseason, Makar was awarded the Norris trophy — given to the league’s best defenseman — on Tuesday night.
It's CALE MAKAR.
— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) June 21, 2022
But according the Vegas sports books, Cale Makar could be adding some more hardware to his mantle very soon. With the Stanley Cup Finals in full affect, Makar is currently the favorite to take home the Conn Smythe Award for playoff MVP.
Cale Makar The Heavy Conn Smythe Favorite
Check out the current Conn Smythe odds per Draftkings:
- Cale Makar -180
- Andrei Vasilevskiy +380
- Nathan MacKinnon +450
- Nikita Kucherov +550
- Mikko Rantanen +900
Obviously, the sports books think Cale Makar’s Avs are going to take home the Stanley Cup, as they currently have a 2-1 lead heading into Game 4 in Tampa.
However, if the Lightning were to win, they’d likely need a heroic effort from star goaltender Andre Vasilevskiy, so taking a waiver on him at +380 might not be a terrible call.
Either way, the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals is bound to be action-packed, and it would be in fans’ best interest not to take their eyes off of Cale Makar when he’s on the ice.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth