Alabama Crimson Tide fans are their usual version of confident heading into the 2022 college football season.
With their first game against Utah State on Saturday, one bettor was feeling cocky enough to take the money line at -1000.
The bet was placed for $10,000 and would pay out a measly $100.
Check out the full betting lines of Alabama vs. Utah St. below, via DraftKings.
Alabama vs. Utah State Betting Lines:
- Spread: Alabama -42
- Moneyline: Alabama -1000
- O/U: 63
- 1H: Alabama -28
Ahead of the Utah State game, Nick Saban made it clear that he wasn’t sleeping on the opponent despite being listed as massive favorites.
“I think the rat poison this year, not to bring up a sore subject, it’s worse than ever,” Saban said on his radio show this week. “I’ve had more people ask me how we’re going to do against Texas this week than how we are going to do against Utah State. I mean, I’m like, ‘We don’t play Texas this week.’”
The matchup against Utah State should be a lay up for Saban’s Crimson Tide, before the marquee matchup against Texas next weekend.
Still, Saban wouldn’t stop lamenting his “rat poison” analogy when talking about how much the media hype was bothering him this season.
“Then I go to church on Sunday,” Saban said, “and the sermon is, ‘He who exalts himself will be humbled. He who humbles himself will be exalted.’ So it’s almost like, you put rat poison in that same thing, it almost fits perfectly.”
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth