Don’t mess with the Wade Boggs statue in Tampa.
The Tampa Bay Rays have made the postseason, and the excitement is palpable, especially following their incredibly close finish last year in the World Series. Unfortunately for one young fan, it seems as if he may hav celebrated a little too hard as he ended up getting his head stuck in the infamous Wade Boggs statue at Tropicana Field.
Guys. A kid at Tropicana Field got his head stuck in a Wade Boggs statue yesterday and… I can't… It's incredible… pic.twitter.com/b8DCoCV8KC
— Josh Handler (@JoshHandler) September 27, 2021
Now because of the incident, the statue is off limits:
enjoying this image of a statue of Wade Boggs, currently off limits to the public because a child got their head stuck in its arms pic.twitter.com/2STY4oK1bF
— Cayman "Goop” Went (@caymanwent) September 27, 2021
Of course you never want to get stuck in a statue, but being put in a headlock by Wade Boggs’ statue is a pretty cool story.
You can’t make this stuff up…
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Bet is Hitting An Astounding 82% During NFL Preseason
- Report: White Sox Manager Tony La Russa Had Two ‘Accidents’ in the Dugout Last Season
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks