Brittney Griner is still trending.
A newly released video shows Griner passing through customs, which lead to her being detained for carrying vape products in her luggage. Griner was arrested at the airport near Moscow weeks ago after Russian authorities searched her luggage and allegedly found vape cartridges containing hashish oil.
The Russian Federal Customs Service issued a statement on Saturday that it has opened a criminal investigation into the transportation of drugs, which in Russia can carry a prison sentence of up to 10 years.
Watch the video below:
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Girl On TikTok Accuses Bears LB Roquan Smith Of Sexual Assault
- ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, Malika Andrews Trending After It’s Been Revealed They’re a Couple
- Patrick Mahomes Wife Brittany Being Accused of Getting Lip Enhancements, Injections
- Two Guys Passed Out Drunk Go Viral At PGA Championship
- Tim Anderson’s Wife Accuses Josh Donaldson Of Making Racist Comment During Game
This is a video of #BrittneyGriner passing through customs. It's longer than the others I've seen today. We've been told that the dogs alerted to her bags. We can clearly see that is not the case. @HRC can we get some help for her#FreeBrittneyGriner #FreeBritney #WNBATwitter pic.twitter.com/8uVS24MPMG
— Bobbi ⚡️Free Brittney Griner⚡️ (@Swaggy_DgB) March 5, 2022
In a statement released Saturday, Griner’s agent Lindsay Kagawa Colas said, “We are aware of the situation with Brittney Griner in Russia and are in close contact with her, her legal representation in Russia, her family, her teams, and the WNBA and NBA.”
If the WNBA paid their athletes more, maybe they wouldn’t need to head to Russia in the offseason to make ends meet?