Once Brian Kelly made his decision to leave Notre Dame to take over for Coach O at LSU, fans had an idea in mind: just go get Urban Meyer.
The Jaguars head coach has long said that he would love the job with the Irish. And with the first year in the NFL going just about as bad as you could expect, maybe the Fighting Irish could pull it off?
Not so fast.
When speaking with reporters on Tuesday, Urban Meyer shot down any rumors that he might currently be looking to get a chance in South Bend.
.@Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer shoots down the USC coaching rumors: "No chance."
— 247Sports (@247Sports) September 15, 2021
It wouldn’t be the first time that Urban Meyer would have shot down a rumor just to go ahead and seek out the opportunity anyways. But it doesn’t seem like there’s much merit at all to the rumors.
Right now, Notre Dame’s defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman appears to be the favorite to take over for Brian Kelly. And others such as Luke Fickell and Matt Campbell have also been linked to the gig.
It seems like Urban Meyer is destined to remain in Jacksonville for at least one more season, which might come as disappointing news to Fighting Irish fans everywhere.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Canadian Bettors Are Hammering One NFL Team To Win The Super Bowl
- Green Bay’s Newest First Lady has Completed her Metamorphosis
- LSU Gymnast Olivia Dunne Went Viral Inside Yankee Stadium
- Tim Anderson’s Alleged Pregnant Side Piece Has His Number Tattooed on Her Chest
- Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Showing off Her ‘Rear’ in Kliff’s Backyard