The UFC has officially announced the opponent for 42 year-old Light Heavyweight Champion Glover Teixeira.
Teixeira will be facing 29-year-old Jiri Prochazka who is currently ranked 2nd in the division behind former champion Jan Blachowicz.
Teixeira defeated Blachowicz by rear naked choke at the end of Octboer 2021 and is set to defend his belt against Prochazka at UFC 274 on May 7th of this year.
Its here! We are going to take the belt, directly! ⚡️🙏🏻⚡️
— Jiri BJP Prochazka (@jiri_bjp) January 22, 2022
Teixeira is on a 6-fight winning streak going back to the start of 2019 while Prochazka is taking just his third fight in the UFC after knocking out Volkan Oezdemir and former title challenger, Dominic Reyes.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Girl On TikTok Accuses Bears LB Roquan Smith Of Sexual Assault
- ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, Malika Andrews Trending After It’s Been Revealed They’re a Couple
- Patrick Mahomes Wife Brittany Being Accused of Getting Lip Enhancements, Injections
- Two Guys Passed Out Drunk Go Viral At PGA Championship
- Tim Anderson’s Wife Accuses Josh Donaldson Of Making Racist Comment During Game
There is still so much talk surrounding Jon Jones and what his plans are after vacating the 205 Light Heavyweight belt almost two years ago. At this point it looks like Jones is looking to attack the Heavyweight division, but no one ever knows what is going on inside that man’s head.
UFC 270 takes place Saturday night which features two title matches. Brandon Moreno looks to defend his belt in a trilogy matchup with Deiveson Figueiredo while Francis Ngannou takes on Ciryl Gane for the Heavyweight belt.