The Kansas Jayhawks had one of the most pitiful crowd today as the team hosted #2 ranked Oklahoma Sooners.
Announcements were made on local radio stations that you no longer needed a ticket to enter the stadium to watch the game as the stands looked quite bleak.
Wow! They just announced on Kansas radio network that stadium gates are open, no more tickets required. “If you’re in town, come on down!”
Kansas 17, Oklahoma 7. 3Q
— Brian Davis (@BDavisAAS) October 23, 2021
The pictures don’t even do it justice.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Jayson Tatum Rumored To Be Dating Ella Mai Following July 4 Celebration
- Paige Spiranac Eating Hot Dogs in Sexy 4th of July Bikini Picture
- Mac Jones’ Girlfriend Goes Viral With Vacation Pic
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
A fine crowd showed up in Lawerence KS today to watch the Sooners and Jayhawks😀 pic.twitter.com/JHUcZzoBSG
— Michael C. Smith (@Tigermike_) October 23, 2021
An email was also sent to students saying encouraging students to come cheer on their team.
Kansas just sent this out to their entire student body pic.twitter.com/lKhSnNyQsN
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) October 23, 2021
Amid the weak showing by the Jayhawks crowd, the team actually came to play. They were posting a 10-0 shutout at half-time. Unfortunately for those fans in attendance, the Sooners came out hot in the second half and ended up walking out of Kansas with a 35-23 victory.