Shaq is big rich, but don’t tell him his kids are rich.
Shaquille O’Neal is one of best big men to ever play the game of basketball. Now he’s become quite the entrepreneur, reaching a net worth of approximately $400 million. This week he shared what he tells his kids about being “rich”.
Shaq knows that his kids need to stay grounded, and by explaining to them the reality of the situation, it instills a certain work ethic in them.
“Yeah, I do, but I try to let them figure it out,” O’Neal said on whether or not he sees an entrepreneurial spirit in his children. “There’s one rule: education. I don’t care if you play basketball. I don’t care about none of that. Listen, I got six kids. I would like a doctor, somebody to own a hedge fund, a pharmacist, a lawyer, someone that owns multiple businesses, someone to take over my business. But I tell them I’m not going to hand it to you. You gotta earn it.”
— ESPN (@espn) October 28, 2021
When children are taught to earn everything they receive, that’s when they become productive, high character adults. Millennials and Gen Z’s have been raised to be pretty spoiled, so props to Shaq for breaking that trend and doing right by his kids.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Jayson Tatum Rumored To Be Dating Ella Mai Following July 4 Celebration
- Paige Spiranac Eating Hot Dogs in Sexy 4th of July Bikini Picture
- Mac Jones’ Girlfriend Goes Viral With Vacation Pic
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
They should grow up to be great people.
And pretty rich unless they really act a fool.