Los Angeles Lakers star guard Russell Westbrook and his triple doubles used to be celebrated, but these days, not so much.
During a recent conversation with Paper City Magazine, Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta was speaking on a number of subjects. One thing that was brought up was advanced analytics, and his explanation into why the Rockets recently started taking a deeper dive into advanced analytics.
He spoke about how some stats don’t mean much.
“It’s analytics you don’t see in the box score,” he said. “You don’t see in the newspaper. It’s different analytics. It’s at a higher level. You can look at a box score and think, ‘Oh my God, this guy had a triple double, he must be great!’ Where this person really was inefficient and wasn’t very good.”
Tilman Fertitta On His Dana Holgorsen Belief, UH's "Biggest Game" and His Rockets Process Pain — A Billionaire Unplugged – https://t.co/3zIDhyrQhp
It is 14 minutes till midnight when we connect on phone, one of the best times to reach Tilman Fertitta, the Houston billionaire … pic.twitter.com/YpkO9KPl3I
— PaperCity (@PaperCityMag) December 3, 2021
There are only so many guys who are known for their Triple Doubles that don’t translate to team wins.
Hard to fault a guy for pulling in crazy stats, but stat hunting is not something you ever want to see a player engage in.
Russ is still special, no matter what the advance analytics say.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments